Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Crank Call...

So my phone rang at 11:30 last night. Kinda late but no bother really - we'd had company that just left and we were still up.... didn't recognize the name on the call display but I answered it anyway.

Only no one answered my "Hello?", so I said it again "Hello??"

And was answered with some teenage girl's best attempt at a blood-curdling scream before they hung up.

Yeah, you're cool.

So I called them back - couldn't resist... I mean, seriously? You have nothing better to do with your time than this? (and it was a lame attempt to boot).

And the girl actually answered my call..... I had pictured maybe getting parents on the other end or something but no, it was a girl (with other girls' voices in the background) - how goofy can you get... I mean, if you were crank calling people would you answer an unfamiliar number?? Not the brightest bulbs there...

But I was very nice and restrained. I told her it was kinda stupid to do crank calls when everyone has call display these days.... she didn't really have anything to say to that (surprise).

I mean seriously, do you not know about reverse look-up? What if you crank called and really pissed someone off enough that they showed up at your door? Twits.

At least I got the pleasure of hanging up on them in return ;)

No comments: