Monday, August 11, 2008

Cheering for the home team

WOO HOO.... I LOVE OLYMPICS!!

I'm not sure if my oldest shares my fervor or just copped onto the fact that I'd let him stay up past bedtime during these special events if he expressed an interest.... but never the less, I found myself watching the events with him way past bedtime last night.

"Go Canada!" He'd cheer at the start of every race.....

"Umm honey? Canada's not in this race"

"Oh. Is the States in this race? We could cheer for the States Mom - cuz they're like Canada's best friend.... aren't they?"

"Pretty much, yep"

"Or Mexico. Let's just cheer for North America, OK?"

"OK ;)"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is THE cutest thing I have heard all day. So glad you posted this!

Mbdiamond said...

I thought it was awfully neighbourly of him :)