Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Baby Bug!

My girl has learned to sing the Baby Bumblebee song at daycare.... you know the one? "I'm bringin home a baby bumble bee, won't my mommy be so proud of me...."?? It's cute, but ever since learning it every insect is a "baby bug". As in "Mommy! Mommy!! BABY BUG!!!" in a full shriek of terror.... I have no idea where my girl got her paranoia of bugs.... honest ;)

But yesterday as we were driving down the road she very clearly screamed "BEE!" - she was in her carseat behind me where I couldn't see her and she'd been saying "baby bug, Baby Bug, BABY BUG!" so I figured she was once again seeing some insect or another and freaking a bit.... until she screamed "Mommy! BEE!!" I asked her if there was a Bee?? Not a baby bug?? "BEE BEE BEE" was all I got back, so I swerved over to the side of the road as quickly as possible and jumped out to open the slider and save my daughter from a ...... teeny-tiny mosquito-looking type bug. And not even one who was trying to bite her - just one that was flying against the window trying to escape the confines of the car. Nice.

So now guess who's learned "BEE" gets much more of a reaction out of mom than "BABY BUG"?? MmmHmmm.

No comments: