Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Adventure Continues

So I got a lovely phone call from the tire place this morning.

My tire is not "fixable", there is a puncture on the sidewall and the tire needs to be replaced. $239.51 for a brand new tire, all because the city couldn't be bothered to plow a main thoroughfare.

I'm so pissed.

When I drove to work this morning I looked carefully at the stretch in question. Not only have they not bothered to send a plow down there, I counted no less than 9 places where other vehicles have either hit the ditch on the south side of the road or spun up over the boulevard like I did. All in a stretch only a couple of blocks long at most.

Unbelievable.

So I filed a claim with the city today. I will be submitting my bill for the new tire. I even took the time to take pictures of the ice wells and all the skid marks and blown out snow banks where other vehicles have suffered a fate similar to mine.

I also called their emergency line to report dangerous conditions and contacted the office of the city counsellor for this ward. Obviously complaints from the public aren't making anything happen, so maybe a call from him can get a plow on the road.

What a pain in the ass for a vehicle I'm only going to own for less than a week more.

Grrrrrrrrr.

No comments: